Saturday, August 13, 2011

What a time it has been!!

well I made it through my first plqane trip. And right now my challenge will be getting used to this keyboard to type this all up... So sorry in advance if I spell some things wrong...

Wow!!! Lourdes has been amazing. I did not picture it the way thqt it is, but it is totqlly beautiful! But before we get to that I will try to start from the begining. We left St. Vincents at 2:15 and flew out of Detroit at 9:40. While the plane ride was a new experience, I now know that it is hard to sleep on a plane where you can not use the sholder of the person next to you... But I might have gotten a few hours of sleep... like 3 at the most.  Fast forwarding... I was part of the last group that got to Lourdes on Thursday and we got there at 7:15 and everyone was waiting for us to get there because we got stuck behind an accadent on the highway. But we got here and had dinner. Then I just went to my room because I traveled for 24 hours, taking into account no time change... and had about 10 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours... But I would not change this experience for the world!!

On the next note, this is going to get rushed because I am getting rushed by this French guy to hurry up...

I have seen the Gratto, many of the churches that are here, and trust me there are many... Have gone to adoration, stations of the cross, which was awesome btw I will have to talk about that next time! then Mass a few times, reconciliation, quiet time, and so many lore things!!

I just feel so blessed to be here on this trip and able to have all of these experiences. I miss you all, and I think and pray about all of you. more soon hopefully!!!

Love!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey babe,

    First things first, I miss you! I am very interested in the layout of the keyboard so you should take a picture of one for me:) I'm glad that you were able to get some sleep so far.
    I hope you are having a wonderful experience and I can't wait to hear all about it. I pray for you everyday and your letters are amazing. Can't wait to read more!!

    I love you!

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, It's great to hear that you are having an amazing time. Thanks for the prayers as we keep you and your travels in ours. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are having a good time!! Keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete