Monday, August 8, 2011

Countdown: 2 days

Soar throat gone! Goodness I was a bit worried yesterday because I did not want to travel with being sick.  But have no fear, Erin is good now.  :-)

So today I officially started to sort through the clothes that I have accumulated over the past few weeks. and I am working on that part of the packing.  It is so awesome!! In tow days I will be on my way to Detroit!! I feel so blessed that I was able to go on this trip, and I don't think that I even understand fully the greatness that this trip will be!

I have prepared maps for my family so they can follow my travels, and I have prepared by packing, and praying and just all around getting ready.  But still somehow, I feel as if I could never be truly ready for this trip until I am on my way.  I look around my room as I get things ready and I realize that this is the end of an era for me.  Next summer I will have graduated from IPFW. Next summer I will hopefully have a job, and summer vacations will be something in the past.  How crazy does that sound? This is my last summer and I am ending it with a trip to Spain?! That is just so awesome.  Now I just hope that I don't get the travel bug and want to keep traveling because I am going to be a poor college graduate next year.

The future is such a crazy awesome thing, no matter how much planning you put into it, no matter how much you think about it and pray about it. You don't get to live it until it is the present.  We always have to live our live thinking about the future, but we can't think about the future too much that we lose sight on our current journey.  That is what I am going to be doing over this trip, pray about my future, but think about the present and realize that I should enjoy life to its fullest every day that I am here living and breathing.

Well more packing calls and I want to get most of it done by tonight.  God Bless!!

Until Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment