Monday, August 1, 2011

Countdown: 9 days

9 days... We are into the single digits!! I cannot believe it.  When I was supposed to be studying for finals at the end of last semester, I made a paper countdown chain that stretched my entire room.  not it is this little short thing that is hanging by my window... It still doesn't seem totally real though yet.  I leave for France and Spain in 9 days!! Next Wednesday (the 10th) I'll be on a bus at this time headed up to Detroit.  How surreal does that sound?!!?

So I have finally started to work on packing (procrastination..... oops) but I still don't know how I am going to be able to pack everything, and still have room to bring things home.  I have never traveled over seas, I have therefor never been on a pilgrimage overseas, and I have never gone on a trip where I was limited to one small luggage bag to fin everything in.  This is the same bag that I used to pack some cloths in when I house sat for my sister's house for a week (and I also had two other bags with cloths....)  Yeah I think that my greatest problem is going to be the packing light.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

The theme for this WYD is: "Rooted and built up in Jesus Christ, firm in the faith"  Colossians 2:7.  How awesome does that sound? It is just has great imagery, we are rooted in Jesus Christ through our Baptism, and we are built up though the other sacraments, our families, friends, and everyone that we come in contact with.  From there we are called to be firm in the faith so that we can let the light of Christ shine through us.

Until Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment