Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Madrid!!

Wow!! Things have been amazing, and luck for me that this keyboard is almost like the one in America so lucky for me maybe I´ll be able to write more this time. 

I just read a few of what all of you wrote on my blog and I love hearing from you, but I don´t really have time to comment on it, because at this hotel in Madrid it have 30 mins on this computer cost 3 euro. So don´t really expect too much from me in Madrid.  Because I am a cheap person and I don´t like spending money on things so I will try to do my best to keep you all informed. 

Two days ago (Sunday I think it was) we stoped in Loyola (or sometimes it was written Loiola or something), Spain.  and I fell in love with the church that was built next to to birth place of St. Ignatious of Loyola.  The sound just went through your body and it made the Mass and prayer so much more powerful.  It was totally amazing.  I wish that I could put more thought into what I felt there, but I´ll just have to tell you when I get back beause it is so hard to get everything written down in the time that I have.  (also I have had 3 cups of coffee this morning already so my hands are shaking somewhat badly.... oops) Right now it is 10:33 here so it is 4:33 there.  that is crazy to think about.  But onward.

After Loyola we went onto Burgos where there is an awesome church there.  When we got there Sunday night there was a party slash concert going on in the court yard infront of the church.  It was amazing but Fr. David Mary says that it is just like a spit in the ocean to what World Youth Day is going to be like.  But is was still amazing.  I was in a congo line (yes I know cheesy....) with people from France, and Austraulia, and Germany, and so mayn different places.  It is great to be able to all come togther and be unified.  We don´t have to think about government or where we are from, our culture, or language (alough it is easier if they speak English...) but we are united because we believe in the same Lord and God.  It is just am amazing feeling that just brings a smile to my face. 

Sometime I have to step back and remind myself that I am just not In America but I am a quarter away around the world! I have to picture the map of Europe in my head and remind myself that I am  no longer in Indiana.  It is crazy because on the bus ride in France and Spain the majority of the landscape reminded me of parts of America.  I was reminded of past vacations and everything.  But then I was like ´´no Erin you are in Europe!´´  I am still trying to wrap my head around that concept

In Burgos we were in a hotel that was like the palace compaired to our first place (I know that doesn´t mean much to you beacause you haven´t seen any pictures, but once I get back and post pictures on facebook you will totally understand.  In our first place our bathroom you could barly have room to move and in the second place you could lay down if you really wanted to (I didn´t, but that is the size difference)  But we were only in Burgos for one night.  and In the morning my roommate and I missed our alarm and was worken up by my small group leader on the phone saying they were about to leave for Mass... oops :)

But then we went onto Madrid.  We got into the city around 2 in the afternoon on Monday, so 8 am Indiana time.  We went out to lunch, where I had blood sausage for the second time (the first time was at dinner in Burgos) and I think that I am one of the only girls that actually liked the taste of it.  I wish that I could describe it to you but I don´t really have the time. But there is a story to the first time that I ate it that I´ll have to tell you. but I only have 4 mins left.....

After lunch my group and I walked around Madrid for some time and this place has just such a presence to it that just gives you energy that even though it is hot you keep going.  After walking around we got together in our full group and walked to dinner (yes we eat good here!) and we had a praise and worship session while we wated for our section to be available.  and then we got out WYD bags!!! It is finally here!!! verys exciting!!

Tonight is the opening Mass at 8 our time so 2 your time.  I´ll be praying for all of you!!

Less than a min, so I just wanted to say I am thinking of you all and I am missing you too but I think that this experience is going to be grand!!

Until next time, God Bless!!

Erin

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are having an amazing time with the worldwide church.
    Books keep arriving for you so life goes on here.
    Ang lived through first day back w/o too much anguish.
    Miss you but so proud of you and excited to hear your stories when you return.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that Ag survived her first day! Tell her that I miss her and I think of her! well I think of all of you! Just put the books on my desk, thanks! time is running out! Love,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think of you all the time. and when you get back you better not get mad at me for all the facebook posts i have put on your wall :-) only 5 more days till i see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love your FAVORITE SISTER EVER ANG

    ReplyDelete