Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Countdown: 8 days

I can't believe it, a week from today I'll be spending the last night at my house with my family before I leave for Spain.  I think that thought totally hit me today; that I am actually leaving for WYD in little over a week!

I was shown this great site that has a mini tour of what is going to be going on during World Youth Day, (Find it HERE).  It talks about WYD and some locations on where the Pope is going to be. I would totally recommend watching the video on that page. 

So I have started to hunker down today.  I am working on getting clothes and I got some great walking shoes today.  Next I am working on getting a ddigital camera (the one that I have currently is big, bulky, and isn't working well, so I figure now is a good time to look into that), next is getting a watch because I won't have my phone with me to have an alarm clock or a clock for that matter.  Then there are some small things, like I want to get some new socks (I know that it sounds strange, but I love the feeling of new socks!), but just some things like that.

I have a list going on with all that I want/need to get done before leaving. The funny thing is that half of those items don't really pertain to the trip.  Some have to do with hanging out with friends and family, some is about school, and others are getting things around so my plant doesn't die while I am away (Angela I am hoping that you will help me with this! )

My bag is still sitting empty opened at the foot of my bed, but I feel like I have a better idea of what I have to get done before next week.  Procrastination is not an option anymore, I know that. But I am not going to stress myself out to just get ready for this trip, because that is not what it is all about.  A pilgrimage is not supposed to be stressful, but spiritual and rejuvenating. So for the next week that is how I am going to look at things, as a preperation for a great and wonderful experience.

Until Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment