Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Pope comes tomorrow!!!

It is crazy to think that in 14 hours or so I will be in the same country as the Pope!! I feel so blessed for this opportunity and I can´t believe that I am totally here.  It is a bit surreal for me still, but I think that I am getting used to Madrid. I can get my way around, so even if I don´t know where I am exactly I know how to get back here to our hotel.  I can navigate the tram system well and everything.  Since I only have less than 10 mins I want to share one thing with everyone that I learned today.

This morning we had a teaching from the Arch Bishop from Chicago... off the top of my head I don´t remember the name, but that isn´t what matters.  Today he was talking about living your faith and how even if we know our faith it isn´t enough.  This is the quote that got me : ´´Even the demons know the truth, they just don´t seek others out to tell it to.´´ okay that isn´t exact, but it was close.  I think that is crazy to think about, we just can´t say that we know our faith and that is it.  We have to go out and live it and bring others to know why we are the way we are.

People just can´t think that we are good people, we have to let them know that it is the love of Jesus Christ that is show through us.  Just a nice thought of the day.

Tomorrow the Pope comes, and we have 3 more nights at this hotel... I think and then one day sleeping under the stars with everyone and their friends, and then one night in Paris.  I have been away from home for over a week, and while this trip has been amazing and I am loving it here.  I think that my true home will always be Northern Indiana.  I love my family too much to be away from them and not talk to them in a week.  Good lesson to learn

Thinking and praying for all of you.  Don´t know about blogging again until Paris, because I want to really focus on the next two days (it is 10 pm here so Thursday and Friday)

Love from Madrid!

2 comments:

  1. So so jealous of the Pope. And Paris. Sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream the other night that you showed up at Mom and Dad's, and I asked you what you were doing, you told me you just missed everyone so badly and had to come back home for just 2 hours to see us, then you went back to the airport for the rest of your trip...it was funny. We are praying for you and so glad you are having a good time!!

    ReplyDelete